Friday, February 4, 2011

Yummy omlet recipe

I just wanted to share this with you.  It's made with Trader Joe's veggie sausage patties.  They are vegetarian. 

1 tsp butter or margarine
1 Trader Joe's sausage patty - or MorningStar Farms breakfast patty
1/4 c liquid egg whites
1/4 c egg substitute - like egg beaters
shredded cheese
pepper

Put the butter in a small 8 inch frying pan.  Cook the patty in it.  Once the patty is hot and cooked, break it up into pieces in the pan.  Add the liquid eggs.  You can use any combo of egg whites and egg substitute.  Just as long as it's 1/2 cup total.  I just happen to have both, so I use 1/4 cup of each.  I use the liquid egg whites in my waffle recipe.  And, the egg beaters in the egg bread I make. 

After the eggs look like they're cooking a bit, add some shredded cheese and pepper if you like.  When the open omlet is almost all cooked looking, fold it over.  Let any liquid come out of the omlet and cook.  Flip it over to the other side.  When it all seems done to you, then put it in a plate.

I have found that a great topping for this omlet is horseradish sauce.  Serve with toasted home made bread.  Very good!

Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment