Wednesday, August 4, 2010

small black spidery looking crawling critter

So as the Poland Spring water delivery man opened up the box containing our replacement water cooler - a small black spidery looking bug went crawling from the box into our closet.  If I had shoes on I would have squashed it.  I just watched in disbelief as it found freedom ... in our closet. 

I spent half an hour going through the closet to find it.  But, I couldn't.  I took out everything on the floor, even the little carpet, but found no sign of it.  Great. 

Now I'm doing web image searches to make sure that it wasn't a tick.  You know, those ticks that hang out in water cooler boxes.  It could have jumped onto the box anywhere outside. 

I thought about spraying bug spray - but there's jackets in the closet - and other stuff - that I don't want to spray.  Besides, he could have gotten through a crack somewhere - and maybe he's already making his way up to the bedrooms.   Nothing like that thought while sleeping at night - a big black spidery looking bug crawling around - who knows where?

I may keep watch by the closet.  Waiting to see if he dares to emerge.  I don't think there's much food in there.  We have centipedes and spiders in the house.  Sometimes we have ants, too.  Usually if I see them, I catch them and put them outside.  But, sometimes I'll just squash 'em.  Depends what kind of a mood I'm in. 

I sent my dog into the closet - but he found nothing.  This leads me to believe the escape was made into a crack.  He may come crawling out at night.  I'll be ready.  I have my sandals nearby. 

But, until that time - it really sucks.  Because if I want to put on a jacket - then I'll have to check it first.  Imagine, I put on the jacket, and it's in there - waiting to bite me.  Or worse yet - one of my kids.  Imagine the guilt.  Who likes to put on a jacket and get surprised by a bug?  What if the bug isn't full grown?  What if it was a tarantula baby or something? 

Sometimes I hate my imagination.  I feel embarrassed by what I'm about to say ... first of all, I've been watching Angel reruns on netflix instant watch .. so that could help explain some things.  What if the water cooler guy is evil.  He's a demon and he now has brought this evil bug into our house.  Crap.  I have to find it.  Maybe I can put some candy bait out.  And, when he comes for it, I can squash him. 

I think that he'll probably die.  Then I'll find a dead black crawly spidery looking thing somewhere in the closet.  Nothing like not feeling safe in your own house.  I gotta go look again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment